Monday, June 12, 2017

June 12, 17

Hey guys! So I guess I forgot about my blog again for a little while.... I'm really sorry. I'll try to keep it up as much as I can since I'm also writing more now. I hope you all still are interested in my blog even though I understand if you aren't. Anyways back to the drama in the life of Shelby Valint! I'm just kidding.. more like updates on my life. Its been a while since I've blogged so I'll try and remember as much as I can since that time. I honestly haven't been doing much at all. I haven't been in school since last year and a half ago because of medical issues. It also gave me time to lose some weight I gained for a long time of being in the hospital and being to weak to walk.

You guys don't really know what the last 16 years of my life have been like. Probably because I didn't get the full aspect of it either. Well, since I was born I wasn't able to walk. Even after many tests and surgeries they still didn't know. Everyone thought I was going to die by the age of 8. I was getting so weak that I was probably going to be hospitalized. Then out of nowhere my doctor (who I call my lifesaver) found this amazing medication that helped me be able to walk.

I finally learned to walk by the age of ten. Great right? Well.. good things aren't always as they seem. The medication also had some terrible side effects. They literally made me crazy. I could never sleep, yet barely sit down for five minutes. I did things I thought was ok when they weren't like hanging out with bad people and doing bad things. So i basically spent the last 5 years of my life in a daze. I remember some things but not a lot. I was in school but how could you possibly pay attention when your on some serious whacked out drugs. It was just sad this "miracle medication" did so much damage to me whether than help like we thought it would.

So my mom took me out of school and found me some help by another doctor who found me a medication that still helped me walk without all the side effects. We moved to Texas and I've been pretty much living at home since then. Its been pretty boring but I needed it. The problem now is just trying to find out who I am. I never even had a real childhood. I never got to ride a bike or go hang out at a friends house. It's a miracle I even have the social skills I have now even though they aren't the best. I guess I'm just trying to find myself again... if i ever did know myself. Writing about it definitely helps though.

So yes, thats my life at the moment. I'll try and keep up with my blog. Have a great week everyone:)

No comments:

Post a Comment